Studies Suggest Green Tea Helps Lower Blood Sugar

February 17, 2015

In my Facebook timeline, I posted a photo of chocolate cake. I am obviously a bread and cake eater and my passion for sweets especially chocolates will have no ending. But I do hope it will always be regulated, as we all know too many sweets is not good for the body. After I savored the last slice of my cake I felt guilty again because I know I've consumed too many calories if I sum it all since
last week. 


My love for green tea developed many years back after reading numerous write-ups or articles regarding the beneficial effects of green tea to the human body. High levels of Glucose and Insulin in the body leads people susceptible to diabetes. Many of us know that sugar is the primary culprit to accumulating body fat, not just the fats found in animal meat etc. According to an article published by the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (located in San Diego, New York and Chicago), Green Tea lowers the blood sugar level. The catechins in Green tea may pass through the intestine and into the bloodstream. 

There are many studies on how green tea helps lower blood sugar, and how people got this disease called diabetes. Others are acquired while others are in the genes or hereditary. But, I will not go deeper into it, besides, medical terminologies brought me headaches (just kidding). After consuming my chocolate cake hours ago, I did not hesitate to drink green tea not just 1 cup but more. There are many ways on how to take care of our body to stay fit and healthy. Mind you at this moment I am thinking of running inside the subdivision tonight. Anyway, as we age we cannot say we are safe from any diseases. When sickness strikes we cannot just say: Go away!..I believed regular exercise can help us in maintaining a healthy body and lifestyle. Another way is to educate yourself... Read, read and read. Learn from others and be open to suggestions! Have a healthy lifestyle everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment