Remembering My Journey To Bangkok Thailand

February 22, 2017

At one point in my life, I dreamed of traveling abroad. To a place where nobody recognizes me. To explore, to feel, to enjoy and experience life in a foreign land. Traveling to a place outside my country the Philippines may not be my priority that time. But, suddenly I realized I found myself walking inside Suvarnabhumi Airport (I had a hard time retrieving my own photo inside the airport. I posted beside a photo from the web) in Bangkok along with my friend. I never thought Bangkok would be my first destination abroad. I supposed many of us has a desire to take a trip abroad and I am so pleased Cebu Pacific is offering promo fares which are very affordable... Anyone can buy or reserve a ticket within their means.

Bangkok experienced was very fulfilling and I wished I had more time to hang around to explore more of interesting sights I've never seen or even to catch a glimpse of it.  Anyway, I felt so grateful to experience getting around Bangkok in a short span of time. Being a first timer in a foreign land I cannot refute the excitement and strange feelings I had towards the place. It was a mixed emotion...day by day I come to know new things and really thankful to have a new friend there who happened to be our guide and interpreter.  He is a Filipino working in one of a private school in Bangkok.

On the first day, we woke up ahead of schedule and our first journey was in the City of Siam. The first time is always exciting, and I wished my family was with me throughout the trip. We moved out places to places in a day, and to complete the happiness I felt, I just visualized my gentlemen (hubby and my three sons) was with me. It took us almost half day to tour around the place. The Ancient City of Siam reflects important landmarks in the history of Bangkok, Thailand. Anyone can opt to rent a bike and ride the tram inside the vicinity. It was in the place I experienced drinking bottled water with a straw...I felt so "OA" drinking water using a straw???my golly...I can drink it without a straw. Even in the restaurant near Phraya river, they served flavored water that way and it tastes good. Well, I stopped asking our friend, and instead, I just enjoyed the experience.

We stopped at JP restaurant before crossing the Phraya river, ate our lunch and Thai's typical "chili sauce" was served again. When you are in Thailand expect it, in fairness I learned to like Thai food. I can not recall precisely the set of menu or food I have eaten and tasted while in Bangkok, but all of it tastes really good. Coconut ice cream was excellent too. Our favorite breakfast? Barbecue with sticky rice...my companion got addicted to it, that when she saw a lady inside the airport selling it she did not hesitate to buy...We savored together our last favorite breakfast meal at Suvarnabhumi airport while waiting for our flight back to Manila.

On our second day, we traveled to Pattaya City, We rented a taxi. It was a 2- hour drive from Bangkok. Pattaya is known for its resort which is popular with tourists and expatriates and is situated in the eastern seaboard zone. Before heading to the beach we dropped by at Nongnooch Garden resort. It is an adventure park and one of the 10 most awesome gardens in the world. Beforehand, I had already an idea of what we can see inside. The Elephant show was wonderful. The Thai cultural show was good. There are more things you can see inside the garden resort, and the one that struck me the most is the beautiful botanical garden. Wow? I was really amazed. I wanted to take pictures of me in every corner...Good for us because my friend brought 2 cameras, and her Samsung galaxy note. Our time in Nongnooch garden was shortened and went straight to the beach.

We did not stay long in one of the beaches in Pattaya City because as I said we were running out of time, we have to rush back to Bangkok before 4 pm. We took a few pictures. (I am hoping to go back to Pattaya City in the future). When we arrived back in Bangkok, we had the pleasure to see other sights and shopping malls in the city. The platinum fashion shopping mall was full of people. It was so busy that time because it was a weekend. If you are in Bangkok try to drop by and buy something at the Platinum mall they offer a very reasonable price. The crowd at Platinum was different from our next destination, the Central world mega shopping complex. It also has everything from brand clothing boutiques to fashion boutiques. We did not stay long and got out from the mall to the train station. It was my first time to ride a train...oh la la la. Well, there's so much more to tell about my journey in Bangkok, Thailand 4 years ago. The experience was so overwhelming. If I'd be given the chance to go abroad again I still would want to go back in Thailand. and maybe explore Phuket or take a side trip to Cambodia. Thank you, everyone, for taking a time to read. Muah! I posted few photos below.





No comments:

Post a Comment