A Blessed Ash Wednesday Observance to All

February 18, 2015

Today is Ash Wednesday. On this day Christians are invited to the altar to receive the application of ashes on the forehead in the form of a cross to signify inner repentance. Ash Wednesday is a holy day for Christians and it is the first day of the season of Lent. 

Many Christians choose to leave the ashes on their forehead for the whole day, not to show to the whole world but on the belief that we are all sinners and need to repent and that through Jesus all sins are forgiven through faith (Matthew 6:16:18). I hope Christians and all Catholics remember this, let's all be humble. I will not mention anymore the history of Ash Wednesday. What I am sharing here now are the things I only knew. 

Please don't get me wrong.  I don't want to sound like a preacher. I don't want also to offend other people on their own personal belief.  Personally, I agree that every Christian is free to observe or not to observe this external kind of practice unless there is inner repentance for a misdeed or moral shortcomings and change. However, it is recommended for us Christians to receive the rite of ashes for repentance and spiritual renewal.

A blessed Ash Wednesday observance to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment